Horse & Groom
Also in Mercatoria is the town’s first pub, the Horse and Groom. Built mainly for the benefit of the army of building workers that built St Leonards.
Around the corner is the characterful and multicoloured Stanhope Place.
Situated off Stanhope Place is a group of double villas built around a shared private garden called The Lawn. These were built by Decimus Burton in 1834.
Please click a number below for more information.